Sunday, April 12, 2009

1st Post::Spring Ideas

I have so many ideas on my mind to get this started for my first post. I'm still figuring out how to use this blog, and figuring out how I'd like to organize it.We'll see how it goes...
Alright, so this is a "mood board" I made for a project for my visual design class. It's full of images I was digging at the time. Images for inspiration.



These are some images I have been collecting for Spring Clothing and Fashion ideas.

This picture of Sienna Miller was an image I saved when making the mood board and it goes along with that same sort of theme. I think I'll try to make a necklace similar to hers.

I am in love with scarves. I have so many of them. Some designer finds from thrift stores, vintage "scarves by Vera" (and that's not Wang), and when my grandmother passed I got to keep many of hers. I always want to wear mine, add them to an outfit. I've found a few sites that teach you different ways to tie them/wear them. http://www.tasaram.com/tying-head.html http://www.texeresilk.com/cms-scarf_tying_guide.html Vanessa Hudgen's is so effortless, I love how she wears it.







I'm a major thrift store shopper, and these would be some great finds. I love the idea of recycling clothes instead of adding to the growing waste. One girls trash is another girls....yeah, you know. That's definitely something that I keep in mind when thinking about my future in fashion. I love Urban Outfitter's Urban Renewal for the same reasons. I have a book that has 99 ways to cut your t-shirt and sew it into something else. I love DIY stuff. Reuse your things before you just toss 'em. I don't think these skirts work well for my body type, but I still love the styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment