Sunday, April 12, 2009

More Ideas/Items to Make


Check out the newest Urban Outfitters catalog. I got it out of the mailbox just as my boyfriend and I were leaving for a 2 and a half hour drive to Pensacola. I enjoy the colors and the desert settings. I can't help but think of Bella in Phoenix. There were lots of things in the new catalog that give me inspiration of things to make. Like this necklace.


I love this picture of Edie Sedgewick it reminds me of summer and springtime.



This is a still shot from the movie "Slums of Beverly Hills". I haven't seen it in awhile, so I completely forgot how great the colors and the fashions are. I like this image of Marisa Tomei (the brunette) and what she's wearing. I love the bold colors of orange and pink together. Summery-Spring colors. The fabric looks breezy and cool for these hot, Florida days. I like Natasha Lyonne's printed mini dress as well, and I can remember an amazing pair of massive wedges she wears in the movie.




+++




These are all items I'd like to make:
Green/red dress= cut an ethnic print moo-moo and create a halter dress.
Headband= I have a shirt very similar to the design on the headband. It's gray with faint roses and looks tie-dyed just like the headband. Add some elastic and some beads for some decor. White and red dress= recycle an old tank top + an old dress, skirt, shirt or any piece of fabric, cut and sew together for a new tunic or dress. Explore with different lengths

There's actually an article in one of my old NYLON 's that shows how to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment