Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mucha Inspired

There's so many things I like about Alfons Mucha's work. His work is from the late 1800's to early 1900's. I love the free-flowing hair, the movement in his work. The headpieces on the girls remind me of flappers as well as hippies--check out the flowers on the first girl's and the nature and flowers in many of the others. The clothes are so lightweight and breezy.

Very Gypsy-like--and check out the Zodiac








Similar style:: "Ozma of Oz" from the Wizard of Oz books.





Look familiar? Many psychedelic poster of the 1960's gave a nod to the Art Nouveau style.







Here's some things I found that remind me of that style. Gwen's hair totally has that look, and love the colors on her dress.
Goldie Hawn. Got the hair, free curls. Love her light and breezy baby-doll dress with its soft, pastel color, and love the flower-like details on the top. The setting is in the forest..has that nature like Mucha.


I was channeling Mucha on this one. Flowy, light-colored sweater with wide sleeves blues and greens in the floral lace design on the top, gold butterfly necklace..Even the FSU setting reminds me of Mucha..the blue of the fountain, the Tallahassee trees, the old building from the 1900's.


I think it's Kirsten's French-look: her lightweight floral blouse with the scarf, reminds me of Mucha.

No comments:

Post a Comment